imperial logo
Welcome to Imperial Valley College!

Where we foster excellence in education that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character, and abilities; to assist students in achieving their educational and career goals; and to be responsive to the greater community.

Follow us:facebook icontwitter iconinstagram iconyoutube iconlinkedin icon

High School Seniors

If you are planning to go to college next Fall 2024, you need to apply for financial aid now! Deadline for Cal-Grant is April 2, 2024

Financial Aid-To-Do List

  • Create an FSA ID-a user name and password needed to sign your federal financial aid application. 
    • Visit to create your account.
    • Use the FSA ID Worksheet to record information.
    • Parents need to create an FSA ID to access the FAFSA form and complete their required sections.
      • If parents are married/remarried and filed their tax forms as "Married-Filing Jointly," only one parent will create an FSA ID
      • If parents are married/remarried and filed their tax forms as "Married-Filing Separately," both parents need to create an FSA ID
      • If parents are separated or divorced, the parent who provided the most financial support will create an FSA ID
      • Parents are able to create an FSA ID if they don't have a Social Security Number.

  • Complete the 2024-2025 FAFSA or CADAA
    • Visit to complete the FAFSA application
    • Use the FAFSA Worksheet to gather information
    • When completing 2024-2025 FAFSA, the student will send an invite to parent into the FAFSA form. Without required information, consent, and approval to transfer Federal Tax information, and a signature from all contributors, including you, your FAFSA form won't be considered complete and will not be eligible for federal student aid.
    • If you do not have a social security number, visit to complete the CA Dream Act Application
      • The California Dream Act Application allows undocumented students, DACA status (valid or expired), U Visa Holders and students under Temporary Protected Status (TPS) who qualify for a non-resident exemption under Assembly Bill 540 (AB 540) to receive certain types of financial aid.
  • Click on the link to watch a video about How to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Form
  • Review your FAFSA Submission Summary and make any corrections if necessary
  • Track your Cal Grant status online using WedGrants for students at  
    • Claim your Cal Grant award by verifying your school of attendance in your WebGrants for Students account.
  • Follow up with the college you are considering to see what is needed to complete your financial aid file.

We are here to help!

Office Hours:
Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Email: (please include IVCs student ID number)
Phone: 760-355-6266

Computer Lab hours: 
Monday-Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm

Virtual Lab: 
Monday-Friday 2:00 pm-4:00 pm
Zoom link: 
Meeting ID: 923 2810 8695