*2020-21 CARES Act Emergency Grants
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act otherwise known as the CARES Act provides funding for students who have expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child care.
While the US Department of Education has determined that students must be eligible, or potentially eligible, for the Title IV Financial Aid to be considered for CARES Act Emergency Grants, a federal court put a legal injunction on this guidance as of June 17, 2020. This means that Imperial Valley College will consider all potentially eligible students for CARES Act Emergency Grants, including undocumented and international students.
Maximum Awards: $500 (full-time students); $250 (part-time students). Funding is limited and will be awarded until exhausted.
Steps to apply:
- You must be enrolled in Fall 2020
- Contact the Student Equity and Achievement (SEA) Office
- Visit with SEA counselor to develop a Comprehensive Education Plan
- Complete the CARES Emergency Grant Self-Certification Form
- You will be notified of the decision by the SEA Office
- If awarded, you will receive funds via paper check or BankMobile disbursement choice if you have already signed up.