Who is eligible for EOPS/CARE?
To qualify for CARE students must meet both criteria for EOPS and CARE.
In order to qualify for the EOPS/CARE Program, the following criteria must be met:
- Be a California Resident
- Qualify for Financial Aid (CA Promise Fee Waiver)
- Must be enrolled in minimum of 12 units (unless approved by Program Coordinator)
- Must not have completed over 70 degree applicable units
- Must meet one of the following criteria:
- 1st generation college student
- English Language Learner/Emergent Bilingual Household
- Special Population - Former Foster Youth, Housing Insecure, Justice-Impacted, Currently or previously enrolled in developmental courses
- Did not graduate high school or earned General Educational Development (GED)
If none of the above are met the EOPS/CARE Coordinator may take other relevant criteria into consideration to determine eligibility for the Program as outlined in Title V of the California Education Code.
Addtional CARE Criteria
- Be a single head-of-household
- Must be receiving cash aid (TANF)
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least one child under fourteen years old