Imperial Valley College has partnered with BankMobile, a financial services company focused solely on higher education, to offer more options on delivering financial aid refunds to students.
BankMobile will mail registration information to the mailing address you have on WebSTAR. So, it's important that your address is current. If for any reason you think it might not be, please check and update WebSTAR immediately.
Your Refund Options:
You will have 2 choices when it comes to disbursement delivery!
- Electronic Deposit to a Personal Checking or Savings Account - Money is transferred to an existing account the same business day BankMobile receives funds from IVC. Typically, it takes 1-2 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account.
- Electronic Deposit to a BankMobile Vibe Checking Account - If you open a BankMobile Vibe checking account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from IVC.
What you need to do: 3 Simple Steps
- Update your mailing address
BankMobile will mail a Refund Selection Kit to your mailing address on WebSTAR. To review and update your address you can use one of the below methods.
- Log into your WebSTAR account, click on the "Personal Information" tab and click on "Update Address(es) and Phone(s)".
- Visit or contact Admissions and Records at 760-355-6101 for assistance.
- Look for the Bright Green Envelope
Look for the Refund Selection Kit in a bright green envelope that contains your Personal Code needed to select how you'd like to receive refunds. BankMobile will also send you a Personal Code via email - either code can be used to select a refund preference.
- Follow the instructions in your kit or email from BankMobile on how to choose your refund preference at refundselection.com. If you do not select a refund selection, there will be a delay to your financial aid & student refunds.
- Who is BankMobile?
- Why am I getting a Refund Selection Kit from BankMobile?
- What if I lost my Refund Selection Kit or deleted my email with my Personal Code?
- What if I forgot my Student ID?
- What if I cannot get into my WebSTAR Student Account.
- I have moved and need to update my address so my Refund Kit goes to my new address. How do I do that?
- What types of Refunds will I receive from IVC?
- What are my options for receiving my Refunds?
- What if I do not make a selection?
- Can I change my Refund selection?
- How will I know when my Refund has been sent?
- How do I sign up to receive TEXT Messages about my Refunds?
- I made my selection but have not yet received my refund. How do I find out the status of my refund?
- Does BankMobile charge fees?
- Will I receive a Debit Card from BankMobile?
- Where can I use my BankMobile Debit Card?
- What if I lose my Debit Card?
- What if I forgot my Pin for my Debit Card?
- Can I get cash from my Debit card?
- What if I forgot my password for my BankMobile Vibe account?
- Are BankMobile Vibe accounts full-service checking accounts?
- Can I get checks for my BankMobile Vibe account?
- What are some features of BankMobile Vibe Accounts?
- More Questions? Do a search for your questions here.
- On-line Link to BankMobile
- Contact for BankMobile Customer Care?
- Contact Phone Numbers & Hours for IVC Bursar/Business Office?
BankMobile is a third-party servicer who disburses federal student aid & other student refunds on behalf of participating colleges and universities. Imperial Valley College has partnered with BankMobile to give you more choices on how you can receive your student refunds. In addition to faster ways to receive refunds, BankMobile offers a FREE innovative checking account to students with account features designed to make your student life easier. (top)
You will use the Personal Code within the Refund Selection Kit to select how you want to receive your financial aid refunds from IVC. Once you receive your Personal Code via mail or email, visit RefundSelection.com to make your refund choice.
You can request an On-Demand Personal Code by using the 'Need A Code?' link on RefundSelection.com. An Instant Personal code can also be generated for you at the Cashier's Window or Financial Aid Lab. (top)
Please visit or contact Admissions and Records at 760-355-6101 for assistance.
Please visit or contact Admissions and Records at 760-355-6101 for assistance.
The most common types of refunds BankMobile disburses are funds leftover from Financial Aid awards after your tuition has been applied to your account. You may also receive a refund if you overpaid your tuition, withdrew from a class, or other misc. reasons.(top)
You will have the following 2 options of receiving your Refunds (Disbursements) from IVC.
- Electronic Deposit to a Personal Checking or Savings Account- Money is transferred to an existing account the same business day BankMobile receives funds from IVC. Typically, it takes 1-2 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account.
- Electronic Deposit to a BankMobile Vibe Checking Account - If you open a BankMobile Vibe checking account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from IVC.(top)
If you do not select a refund selection, there will be a delay to your financial aid & student refunds. (top)
BankMobile will send you an email to your IVC student email account. You can also view the status online at BankMobileVibe.com or you can sign up to receive text messages sent directly to your cell phone with convenient Mobile Alerts.(top)
Log into BankMobileVibe.com, click on "Refunds" in the top bar of page, then click on "Mobile Alerts of Refund Status". You can then enter your cell phone where you want the alerts to go to along with what type of mobile alerts you would like to receive. (Text message fees by your service provider may still apply) (top)
Please contact the IVC Business Office at 760-355-6238 or the IVC Financial Aid Office at 760-355-6266.(top)
You are not charged any fees for receiving your refund (disbursement), regardless of your method of disbursement. BankMobile waives the monthly Vibe checking account fee for students while enrolled at IVC. Visit BankMobile's website to view the full fee schedule.(top)
You will only receive a debit card if your refund deposit choice is the BankMobile Vibe Account. The card will be delivered to your address within 5 - 7 business days from making the selection. You will receive a temporary virtual debit card you can use for online or over the phone purchases until you receive your plastic Debit card.(top)
You may use your debit card for purchases anywhere a Mastercard debit or credit card is accepted. You may also withdraw cash free of charge at any of the 55,000 Allpoint ATMs. You can commonly find the Allpoint ATMs at Walgreens, Target, CVS Pharmacy, & more locations. You can google a complete listing of where Allpoint ATMs are located. It is recommended you download BankMobile's app which will help you locate an Allpoint ATM near you.(top)
If you lose your BankMobile Vibe Debit Card after it has been activated, contact BankMobile immediately to report your card lost or stolen. You should also log into your account through the BankMobile app and turn off your debit card so it cannot be used. You may order a replacement card for a fee of $10. Call (800) 554-8969 for Lost or Stolen Cards.(top)
If you forgot your pin you will need to log on and go to Password/PIN under the "User Profile" menu. You will need to provide your card number and some personal information. You will then be able to choose another PIN. You may also call BankMobile for help.(top)
Yes. You can withdraw up to $500 a day at any Allpoint ATM (free of charge) from your balance in your BankMobile VIBE checking account.(top)
Yes. BankMobile created an account designed with options to suit your needs and offer a seamless, economical way to receive refunds, make purchases, and access ATMs; other features include mobile apps and online banking.(top)
Yes. You can order three free personal checks online and they will be delivered to your address. Under the "Withdrawals & Payments" tab on the BankMobile site, select "Write Checks".(top)
BankMobile created an account designed exclusively for students; BankMobile Vibe empowers and guides students in their pursuit of financial and academic success. Plus there's no monthly fee for students.
- Allpoint® ATMs – over 55,000
- Passport- Stamp your way to success! Get rewarded for your smart moves in and out of the classroom with the Passport recognition program. Check it out!!
- Money Meter -Manage money in minutes. You can:
- Track your spending
- Set up monthly budgets in multiple categories
- Monitor your cash flow
- View your spending history
- Bill Pay- With Online Bill Pay you can set up recurring payments.(top)
www.BankMobileVibe.com – You can go directly to this link to manage your current BankMobile account.
All Questions: 877-327-9515
Hours – 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST 7 days a week.
After hours Lost or Stolen Cards: 800-554-8969
Automated phone service is available 24 hours a day.(top)
You can contact IVC Business Office for questions on BankMobile at 760-355-6238.