Admissions & Records FAQ's
Admissions & Records (A&R) FAQ
- I plan to graduate this semester (Summer 2020); how does this closure impact my graduate date/status?
A&R will continue to process graduation applications. The last day to submit a graduation application for Summer was June 12, 2020. Your diploma will be mailed August 31, 2020.
- COVID-19 affected my ability to complete my classes successfully for Spring 2020, what are my options?
You may apply through the "General Student Petition." This drop will be assigned as an Excused Withdrawal on your transcript. It will not be counted against you for Academic or Progress purposes and any fee charges will be reversed for the classes affected.
You may use this link: https://forms.imperial.edu/view.php?id=519245
Will this closure affect registration for Fall 2020?
Priority registration for Fall 2020 is set to begin on July 6, 2020.
Priority Assignments will be viewable by June 25, 2020.
- When will I know my registration time for Fall 2020?
Fall Priority Registration times should be available by June 25, 2020. To find out when you are eligible to register please go https://mypriority.imperial.edu/ to view your time.
- How do I enroll to IVC and register for classes?
Please go to this link https://www.imperial.edu/apply-now/
- I need a transcript, what do I do?
All transcript orders start through WebStar. If you need additional help, please follow these steps: https://www.imperial.edu/docs/admissions-records/student-information/7687-transcripts-request-information/file
- I sent a transcript to IVC, did you receive it?
You can send a contact form message and we will reply as soon as possible. https://www.imperial.edu/about/contact-ivc/
- How do I get proof of enrollment?
You can fill out the Verification of Enrollment Request Form and then use our contact form to upload the file: https://www.imperial.edu/docs/admissions-records/forms-8/enrollment/9722-enrollment-verification-form/file https://www.imperial.edu/about/contact-ivc/
- I need a password reset. What's the process?
Here is a guideline from our IT department: https://www.imperial.edu/docs/technology-support-guides/10288-how-to-update-my-ivc-password/file
If you need further help, please send us a contact form request and we will call you as soon as possible. You will need to have your G# and answer a few questions so we can identify you. https://www.imperial.edu/about/contact-ivc/
- How do I get my IVC email?
Log on to WebStar. Click on Personal Information and click on view E-mail Address. Please note your E-mail pin/password is the same as your WebStar pin/password.
- How to remove the OTP requirement for those students that have already gone through the First Login Steps process
(https://www.imperial.edu/docs/technology-support-guides/10177-portalguard-first-login-setup-steps/file) Students can follow these instructions to turn it off themselves (https://www.imperial.edu/docs/technology-support-guides/10285-how-to-disable-multi-factor-authentication-in-portalguard/file)
- I have a grade change pending, what do I do?
Please email your instructor to confirm she/he has submitted the change. Once approved, the grade change will be processed as soon as A&R receives them. We have processed all pending grade changes through June 16, 2020. Any pending Incompletes or Grade Changes will be completed as they are received and will continue to receive them until the end of the semester to allow faculty to submit the grade changes.
- I need a duplicate diploma. When can I receive it?
Duplicate Diplomas will be processed twice a week.
- I'm a former student from before 1980 and I need a transcript. Can I order my transcript?
Many students that attended before 1980 require a "Build History" which takes time to build. These will be processed after campus is opened as records from microfilm need to be accessed.
- I am a high school student and would like to take a class at IVC. Is that possible?
Yes, this is what we call being a Concurrent Enrollment student. Follow the instructions and form. A complete packet is due by Thursday, July 30, 2020, for Fall 2020.
- I am a high school student and would like to take a dual enrollment class. Is that possible?
For Fall 2020, dual enrollment, please contact Victor Torres at (760) 355-6311.