Student Support Services Documents (2)
How To Apply?
Applications can be obtained at the SSS office located in the Hector L. Lopez Student Services Center (Bldg. 100) or you may download the application form above.
Acceptance into the SSS TRiO Program is on a rolling basis year-around. When space is not available, eligible students are place on a wait list. Once space becomes available, waitlisted students are contacted and offered acceptance into the Program.
At the time of submitting an application to the program, the student must be enrolled in at least 9 units at Imperial Valley College or have earned at least 9 units and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Low-income (low-income levels are determined according to federal guidelines)
- First-generation college student (neither parent/guardian completed a 4-year degree)
- Have a verified disability (documentation required)
In addition, a student must also meet all the following criteria:
- Have U.S. citizenship or legal residence status
- Have evidence of academic need (areas of academic need are indicated on the SSS application)