Textbook Rental Check-ins/ Returns
Q: Can I come to the bookstore to check-in my rental textbooks for this term?
A: No, IVC Bookstore is closed. Students must still send their books via regular mail/UPS/Fed-Ex, per your preference and include account information.
- Name on account (If the student did not open the account, the name of the person that was used)
- Telephone number (If not sure which was used, provide all possible ones. If student has new number, but was not changed with us we still need the original number and later on can be changed)
- email (If not sure which was used, provide the possible ones)
- Patron ID (If not available or unsure no problem as long as correct telephone number and/or correct email is provided)
- And, of course, use the college address, to the attention of the IVC Bookstore
One way to get a Rental Return Label:
immediately generate a free return shipping label on bookstore website, via your account:
- Click the Sign In link on the top right side of the page to sign into your account.
- Enter the email address you provided at the register when you rented.
Note: Even if you rented in the store, an account was created using the email you provided at the time you registered.
- If you don't know your password, you can click Forgot Password link for a temporary password to be emailed to you
- Once you've signed in, click the link "Rentals". You will be navigated to the Rentals page.
- On Rentals page, scroll down the page to see the books you rented. Click the link "Return All Rentals by Mail". You can also click the button "Return by Mail". Both open a popup to select your rentals to ship back.
- Follow the steps to generate and print the return label and packing slip. This option is available until your rental due
Q: Because the campus is closed, I cannot bring in my rented textbooks. Will I get charged for the textbooks due to missing the due date?
A: While the due date for rented books has not changed, the "non-return charge date" has been extended 15 days past your current return due date to allow time for your mailed book to reach the campus store.
To avoid late charges, please have your book in transit by the due date.
Q: Can I BUY or EXTEND my rentals on the website?
A: If you originally rented your textbook in the store, there is no option to buy or extend the rental on the website at this time. If you rented your textbook online, you have an option to buy or extend the rental on the bookstore website on the Rentals page:
Q: I need to purchase upcoming term textbooks and supplies; do I need to come to the store?
A: No, instead you can order from the bookstore website.
Selling Back Textbooks (Book Buyback)
Q: Can I sell my textbooks back to the bookstore?
A: You can sell back books online (ship your books) through the "Sell Your Textbooks" link in the footer of the bookstore website.
(U.S. Stores Only) How to Sell Your Textbooks Online